Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Farworld by J. Scott Savage
Surprise Packages by Lael Littke, Carroll Morris, Nancy Anderson
Angel Falling Softly by Eugene Woodbury (I read this on vacation. Will post thoughts soon.)
I’ve started Traitor and will also read Freefall, but not before the end of the Trek.
Now to answer the wrap-up questions:
1. How many fiction books by LDS authors did you read? Four (that I’m willing to admit to here; I actually read 12 but if I disclose the full list, LY will be able to discern my true identity.)
2. Did you read more than you would have read if you hadn’t participated in this book trek? Yes. I read more LDS fiction and did not read much national fiction.
3. Did the reviews posted by other participants influence which titles you read? How? Yes. I read Surprise Packages because of several good reviews. I also read Angel Falling Softly because of the “buzz.”
4. Did the Whitney awards influence which titles you read? How? No, because I’d already read all of 2007 nominees and winners. But had I not read them, they would have shaped my list.
5. Did the many, many virtual blog tours that happened this summer influence which titles you read? How? Yes. I read Farworld (and a few undisclosed others) because of the blog tours.
6. Did you finish all the books you had planned to read? If not, why? No. Others took precedence.
7. Did you discover any new authors whom you now love? Yes. A few national writers that I didn’t realize were LDS.
8. Did you nominate any of the books you read for Whitney awards? Not yet. I’m waiting till the end of the year to do it.
9. Would you be interested in another LDS themed reading challenge either this winter, or next summer? Yes. This was fun.