Lists are a good start to writing. Pick one of the following and make a list of at least 20 items.
- Things to do before I turn [your next birthday]. . .
- Ways to entertain yourself if you were stranded on a desert island. . .
- Reasons to turn down a marriage proposal. . .
- Signs that it’s time to quit your job. . .
- Bad things that could happen on the way to a wedding. . .
- Things to do with one flip-flop. . .
- Reasons not to wear thong underwear. . .
- Signs that Santa is an extra-terrestrial. . .
Now that you’ve had some fun stretching your creativity, make a second list—20 plot ideas/actions/events to include in your novel.