What to Wear to the Whitney Gala???

May 4, 2012 · 9 comments

in Promotion, Whitney Academy

I’m at the LDStorymaker’s Conference today and having a lot of fun spying on people incognito. But I have a troubling problem.

What do I wear to the Whitney Gala tomorrow night?

It’s so hard to know. You simply can’t be caught underdressed. That is unforgivable. But on the other hand, you really don’t want to show everyone else up. Then they’ll just hate you.

I have to make my final decision soon, and I’ve narrowed it down to three. Tell me what you think.

Option #1: Pink with Fur Stole

I like this one, but not the headpiece. Instead, I’d wear this hat:

A dear friend modeling my hat

The downside to this outfit is that fur might be a little too warm for the evening.

Option #2: Black Dot Dress

I’m lukewarm on this dress, but I absolutely adore the shoe I’d wear with it:

Awesome shoe to wear with Black Dot dress

Option #3: Pink, Aqua, Blue Dress

This is my favorite of all the dresses. Of course, I’d wear a modest pink net shawl with it so my shoulders wouldn’t show.

Pink shoe for option #3

And this is the shoe that goes with it. I like it, but not as much as the shoe that goes with Option #2.

So what do you think? Vote in the comments.

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 9 comments }

Gina May 4, 2012 at 8:38 am

This probably sounds NUTS, but I am the kind of girl who would LOVE to wear something like dress #3, and since I have nowhere to wear it, I would rock it at the Whitney Gala.

Just because I can.

Even if it’s ridiculous. I would own that ridiculous look.

Cindy May 4, 2012 at 9:44 am

Definitely #2! 😀

Megan May 4, 2012 at 9:55 am

I vote for #3. Number 2 is second. How fun. Makes me want to dress up!

Melanie Goldmund May 4, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Holy cow, those pink shoes are scary. You could kill people with those shoes! Not to mention yourself. One wrong step and you’ll be at the bottom of the stairs with a broken neck. *shudder*

Sorry, I’m just not a shoe person. But that pink, aqua and blue dress is very striking. Ah, if only I had the figure to wear it … and a place to wear it to … and Richard Armitage on my arm so that I’d have somebody to wear it for …

Um, yeah, so I’m voting for the Dalmation — I mean, the black dot dress. The one with the red sash, not the yellow one.

Charlie May 4, 2012 at 8:41 pm

LDS Publisher, you can’t go wrong with the Dalmation look. Doubtful you’ll show anybody up, but comments are sure to abound. Just don’t let anyone call you Cruella DeVille.

Marny May 4, 2012 at 9:04 pm

It’s been cool enough in the evenings that the fur would probably be fine. But I vote for the black polka-dot dress–very cute!

LDS Publisher May 5, 2012 at 6:45 am

Since I’ve moved to this new site and changed how you enter to win books, I’ve gotten almost NO comments. But when I post ridiculous dresses, you comment???

I’m trying to decide just what exactly that means…

Aunt Alice June 7, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I think it means we all need a bit more fun in our lives. 🙂

I didn’t stay for the Whitneys, but the air conditioning was cranked so high during the rest of the conference that I would have loved to have a fur coat to wear. Brrrrrrr!

That hat makes me think of the Pick-a-Little ladies from The Music Man. LOL!

Jaclyn M. Hawkes May 9, 2012 at 9:22 am