It’s that time again! Voting for the Fourth Annual Book Cover Contest officially begins on Monday, January 21, 2013.
But nominations start now.
You have until midnight on Friday, January 11, 2013, to nominate a book cover for me to consider for the contest. I get the final say, but if enough of you really like a particular book cover, I’ll put it on the short list (even if I personally hate it) (unless it’s just really, really awful).
Here are the conditions for nomination:
- Must be a fiction book by an LDS author.
- Must have been published in 2012—republications with new covers will be considered.
- Nominate your favorite COVER, not your favorite book or author. This contest has nothing to do with what’s inside those covers.
- Send nominees to me via email with BOOK COVER in the subject line.
- Yes, you may nominate your own book or a cover you designed—as long as you honestly, truly feel that it’s amazing.
I’d love for you to spread the word about these nominations but please, please, please, stress that you nominate based on your true love of the cover and not your love of the author or story.
Last year there were a lot of posts and tweets that said things like, “Yay, I made the finalists! Go vote for my book.” And a lot of replies that say things like, “I hope you win! I voted for you like you asked.” I truly hope I don’t see any of that this year. I want the covers to win based on genuine visual appeal, not which author has the most friends.
As you spread the word, tell your friends to vote for the cover they like best. It may very well be your cover. But then again, it may not be.
Want to nominate but not sure what’s out there? Click this link to see the 2012 titles posted on this site.