Listing Your Book
Are you an LDS author of fiction?
Has your book been published this year?
Then you qualify for a FREE post on this site.
Guidelines for listing your book on this site:
- ANY* published FICTION book written or co-written by an LDS author may have a post on this blog.— This includes short story collections, novellas, seasonal story booklets, chapter books, graphic novels and children’s picture books.
—It does not include non-fiction, poetry, biographies or autobiographies.
—Memoirs are iffy. If written in the style of a novel and the story takes some creative license, then okay. If it’s more of an autobiography, then no.
- Books are posted by year, beginning with novels released after January 1, 2008. Depending on your release date, your book’s post may be backdated.
- Books must be written by a member(s) of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but do not have to contain LDS content or characters. Books with non-LDS co-authors are acceptable.
- Books may be published by either a traditional LDS publisher, a national (non-LDS) publisher, or self-published.
- Books must be available for sale online, as a printed book or as a professionally created e-book.**
- Reprints or re-released novels are not eligible, unless significant revisions have been made. (If this is the case, please let me know when requesting a post.)
- Books will post on or near their release date.
- If your book was released after January 1, 2008 and it’s not on this site, please let me know.
*See “Offensive Material” below.
**Professionally created ebook = a book formatted for e-book readers, such as the iPad, Kindle, Nook, Sony, Kobo, etc. A pdf download is not adequate.
How to Submit
If I’m aware of a book, I’ll list it here myself. But if you want to make sure your book gets on this site, please send me an e-mail with the following information:
- Book Title
- Author Name
- Publisher Name (If your book is self-published and you have created a publishing company for your books, give me that name. You may also list CreateSpace or simply “Self”.)
- Release Date
- Has this book been published previously in any form? If so, when?
- ISBN #
- Page count, trim size, soft or hardcover for print books and/or word count for ebook
- Series—other titles in series, if applicable
- Does it contain content or language that might offend an LDS reader? If so, tell me what it might be rated if it was a movie.
- Link to Author website or blog
- Link to Book Cover image
- Link(s) to Online Store(s) where the book may be purchased
- Link to Book Trailer (if applicable)
- Link to chapter 1 or excerpt (if applicable)
Other Things to Know:
Updating Posts: I am happy to update your posts with new links, but it’s your responsibility to get that information to me.
Self-Policing: This is a self-policing site. I don’ t have time to make sure everyone who requests to be added to this list is actually eligible. It’s up to you to check the eligibility requirements to make sure you meet them. If a book appears on this list that is not eligible, someone please let me know.
**Offensive Material: Not all of the books posted here are fully in line with LDS standards of conduct or morality. When I become aware of books that may have offensive material (swearing, violence, immorality), I will post a warning on that book’s post page. If I discover that a book promotes or celebrates behavior that is outside LDS standards, I will remove them from this blog.
Whitney Affiliation: There is no direct affiliation between LDSPublisher.com and the Whitney Awards/Committee.
A post on LDS Fiction does NOT mean your book has been nominated for a Whitney Award, nor does it mean it is eligible for a Whitney Award.
Click HERE for more information on my connection with the Whitneys.
If you have questions, please send me an e-mail.