The Summer Book Trek ends on Sunday, August 31st. We have a few days to finish up what we’re reading and to post and link our final reviews. This has been fun for me and, I hope, fun for you too. I read several LDS authors during this time, but not the ones on my list. Life works out that way, sometimes.
If you’ve already finished your reading list, you can go ahead and post your wrap-up/summary post. Please consider answering these questions (especially the blue ones):
1. How many fiction books by LDS authors did you read?
2. Did you read more than you would have read if you hadn’t participated in this book trek?
3. Did the reviews posted by other participants influence which titles you read? How?
4. Did the Whitney awards influence which titles you read? How?
5. Did the many, many virtual blog tours that happened this summer influence which titles you read? How?
6. Did you finish all the books you had planned to read? If not, why?
7. Did you discover any new authors whom you now love?
8. Did you nominate any of the books you read for Whitney awards?
9. Would you be interested in another LDS themed reading challenge either this winter, or next summer?
You have until Thursday, September 4 to post your wrap-up and link it to the Mr. Linky below. The book prize posted this Friday (Aug. 29) will be awarded to a random person on that Mr. Linky list.
[And speaking of book prizes, I totally apologize for not posting a prize last Friday. I was on vacation and thought my assistant was going to do it. She was busy with family things and thought that was the one thing that I was going to do while I was gone. Since this week is half over, I don’t want to slight the sponsor who was supposed to have gone up last Friday. I’ll be posting them this Friday.]
Be sure to link to the specific post that contains your wrap-up, not to your blog home page.
CORRECT: http://ldsfiction2.blogspot.com/2008/06/summer-book-trek-2008 -wrapup.html
LINK WRAP-UP POSTS HERE: