As you may have noticed (those of you who use a reader would not), I’ve been tweaking the blogs since going to this new format. The biggest tweak made is to advertising. Changes include:
- Lower price for ads (now only $25 for 30 days)
- Ads appear on all six networked blogs
- All the square ads are lumped together
Considering that the combined monthly stats for the blogs are 5,733 page loads, that’s .004¢ per eyeball flashes. For detailed advertising info, click HERE.
Another tweak I’m making is to the LDS Fiction comment contest. I want more comments and opinions on the books, so we’re changing things up a bit. Changes include:
- Weekly prizes = more chances to win a book when you comment on either LDS Fiction or LDS Fiction Review
- Four prizes display in the sidebar; sponsors still get a full month of exposure
- Sponsor info posts will display on the Contests site
For detailed contest information, click HERE (but give me 24 hours because I’m still making those changes.).
The LDS Fiction Review site needs a few more reviewers. This is a labor of love for now, no payment. Reviewers post under pen names to give them the freedom to write honest reviews. If you’re interested:
- Go to the site and read the reviews currently posted to get an idea of what is expected.
- Select a genre to specialize in—this should be a genre that you enjoy and read frequently. Reviewers should be BIG readers, ravenous readers.
- Write a sample review for one of the Whitney finalists in that genre.
- Paste your review within the body of an e-mail to me. Do not send an attachment.
- Reviewers will be selected based on writing quality, style, conciseness, preciseness and unique voice.
- I’ll be selecting several reviewers per genre.
- Reviewers are expected to review a minimum of one book a month.