What do you think of book trailers?
Book trailers seem to be the “in” thing right now. I’ve never really worked with trailers because they weren’t common practice when I worked in-house at a publishing company.
I’ve seen some trailers that look great and some that look awful. They’re expensive to make and I have no idea how effective they are.
Readers, help! Answer these questions in the comments:
- As a reader, have you ever purchased a book based on the book trailer?
- Have you ever NOT purchased a book based on the trailer?
- As an author, do you have trailers for your book(s)?
- Do the trailers seem to help with sales?
- Do you feel the trailer was worth the cost?
Where can we post/how can we use trailers to use them as marketing tools?
YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, your website or blog. Again, readers, I need your help. Where else?