Let’s face it. As an author, you don’t necessarily want to share everything will your fans. You probably don’t want to them all to see every picture of your kids or the invite to your family barbecue with an occasional message about your writing.
Instead, you want to use your Facebook page to build your brand as a writer with a specific message to your specific fans. Luckily, building such a page is both simple and can be completely free.
Here is a list of simple steps that will take you from square one to…a much more advanced square.
Phase 1: Create Your Page
2. Click on the button that says “Create a Page”.
3. Select “Artist, Band or Public Figure” and then choose “Author” from the dropdown menu.
4. Choose a name and agree to the terms.
5. Choose a profile image. (The cover of one of your books works well, or your author headshot)
6. Invite your friends and announce the creation of your page on your main profile.
7. Enter the address of your website or blog and a short description that gives visitors an idea of what you write.
8. Viola! Your page is born.
Tomorrow: Phase 2: Customize Your Page
Michael D. Young is the author of the novels The Canticle Kingdom and The Last Archangel. He is also the author of the inspirational pamphlet “Portrait of a Mother”. His work has been featured in various online and print magazines such as Mindflights, The New Era, Allegory, and Ensign. You can visit him at his website, www.writermike.com, and his facebook fanpage, http://www.facebook.com/authormichaelyoung.