Work at my day job has finally (maybe, kinda, sorta) slowed down. (Knock on wood.)
So I’m back to regular posting, starting today. And it’s a good thing too because I just realized I’m behind schedule for our Third Annual Book Cover Contest. (See First Annual Book Cover Contest HERE and Second Annual Book Cover Contest HERE.)
Previously, I have chosen the finalists and let you vote on them. And that’s what we’ll be doing again this year, with one small exception. This year, YOU can have some input in the initial stage. But you have to act fast.
You have until midnight on Thursday, January 26, 2012, to nominate a book cover for me to consider. Here are the conditions for nomination:
- Must be a fiction book by an LDS author.
- Must be published in 2011—republications with new covers will be considered.
- Nominate your favorite COVER, not your favorite book or author. This contest has nothing to do with what’s inside those covers.
- I’d love for you to spread the word about these nominations but please, please, please, stress that you nominate based on your true love of the cover and not your love of the author or story.
- Send nominees to me via email with Book Cover in the subject line.
Want to nominate but not sure what’s out there? Check out LDS Fiction. All titles tagged 2011 Releases qualify.
We will start the genre voting on Monday, January 30, 2012.
UPDATE: Yes, you may nominate a book you wrote or designed—as long as you truly, truly feel that it’s amazing.