Thank you to everyone who submitted a story and to those who read them and commented and voted. We had 42 stories submitted this time. I think that’s a record!
I will make comments on each of these stories during the week, giving you my opinion on what was done well and what needed a little more polish. If you’re not a winner and you’d like to take credit for your story, you may do so in the comments section.
Drum roll, please. . .
Readers Choice Published Author Category: With Wondering Awe by Jennifer Carson Shelton
Publisher’s Choice Published Author Category: Slushballs by Janice Sperry
Readers Choice Unpublished Author Category: A Soldier’s Story by Amie Borst
Publisher’s Choice Unpublished Author Category: Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh by Wendy Elliott
Remember, these four winners are guaranteed a spot in a future Christmas book. Others will be included, as well. I will notify all those whose stories will be included in the book via e-mail by the end of the month.
Please read the voting instructions carefully before casting your vote.
Voting for LDSP’s 2010 Christmas Story Contest starts NOW!
VOTE between December 20th and midnight on Friday, December 24th.
- There will be four winners:
Readers Choice (Published authors)
Readers Choice (Unpublished authors)
Publisher’s Choice (Published authors)
Publisher’s Choice (Unpublished authors).
- Publisher’s Choice winners will be judged on a variety of criteria, according to a point system. But it basically boils down to quality of writing, uniqueness of story and what I think will best sell a book.
- You can vote by whatever criteria you want, just don’t make it a popularity contest.
- You MAY vote for your own story. (In fact, you should. I am constantly amazed by the number of stories that receive no votes. What’s wrong with you people?)
- You may vote twice in each category: Published and Unpublished.
Click HERE to read all stories by Published Authors. Vote for two.
Click HERE to read all stories by Unpublished Authors. Vote for two.
NOTE: There are 20 stories in the Unpublished Author category and 22 stories in the Published Author category. Due to the limitations of Blogger, they do not all show up on one page. After you’ve read the first batch, click the OLDER POSTS link at the bottom right below the last story to go to the next page of stories.
- To Place Your Vote: The word “VOTE” must appear in your comment. Leave a comment for the story your voting for with the words, I VOTE FOR THIS ONE or THIS ONE GETS MY VOTE or some other phrase that CLEARLY indicates you are voting. Comments that say, “I like this one…” will not be counted as a vote.
- You may make all the comments you like, but VOTING must contain the word VOTE.
- Anonymous votes count. We’re using the Honor System here and trusting that no one will over vote.
- AUTHORS: Please tell your friends that you’ve submitted a story and to come read and vote, but DO NOT tell them which story is yours. We want the stories to win on merit, not personal popularity.
- I’ll announce the winners on Tuesday, December 28th.
[P.S. All comments on the stories and Voting Comments will enter you in the Monthly Comment Contest.]
[P.P.S. I won't be posting this week. I'll be very busy reading stories.]