All stories have now been posted. Voting is open.
VOTE between 12:01 a.m. December 16th and midnight December 19th.
- You may vote twice in each category: Published and Unpublished. You may only vote once per story. We’re on the honor system here.
- I suggest you click on the Submissions by Published Authors link (here or in the sidebar), read those stories and vote for two. Then click on the Submissions by Unpublished Authors, read those and vote twice more.
- You may make all the comments you like, but VOTING COMMENTS must clearly indicate that it is a vote. (Ex: I’m voting for this one…)
- You MAY vote for yourself.
- You may vote anonymously or using your Google ID. Just remember to be fair and follow the rules. (Anonymous comments are not eligible for the December Comment Contest.)
- I will use the date/time stamp on your comment to determine if your vote is eligible.
- You may tell everyone you know about this contest and invite them to vote, but please do not tell them which story is yours. We want the stories to win based on their merit and appeal, not on how much your friends and family like you.
There will be four winners: Readers Choice (Published authors), Readers Choice (Unpublished authors), Publisher’s Choice (Published authors), and Publisher’s Choice (Unpublished authors).
Publisher’s Choice winners will be chosen based on quality of writing, uniqueness of story, and whether or not I liked it. You can vote by whatever criteria you want, just don’t make it a popularity contest.
I will announce the winners on Friday, December 21st. I will make comments on each of the stories some time during Christmas week.
This contest is sponsored by and prizes provided by:
- Publisher’s Choice, Published Author: Sorry, the Stork Takes No Returns by Claire Bowen
- Reader’s Choice, Published Author: The Man from Shenandoah by Marsha Ward
- Publisher’s Choice, Unpublished Author: Kindred Spirits by Christopher Bigelow
- Reader’s Choice, Unpublished Author: Grasshopper Pie by Rebecca Talley